The next deadline for applications to the Manitoba Law Foundation for Small Grants is fast approaching. Applications are due on or before March 31, 2019, for consideration by the Board of Directors in June 2019.
Small Grants support small, one-time, distinct law-related projects. To qualify as a Small Grant, a project must:
- have a total budget of up to but not exceeding $20,000;
- be of no more than one year in duration;
- fall within one or more of the Foundation’s objectives; and
- not be a continuing program.
The Foundation’s Board determined last September invite applications for Small Grant funding that are innovative and/or collaborative projects that further access to justice and that address any of all of the following needs:
- legal services for rural and remote areas of Manitoba;
- services that specifically support Indigenous issues and communities;
- delivery of legal supports by intermediaries and advocates.
All grant applications, of course, must also fall within at least one of the Foundation’s mandate areas of legal education, legal research, law reform, legal aid services, and the development and maintenance of law libraries.
Click here for more information and details on how to apply. Don’t delay!