SUMMER STUDENT OPPORTUNITY – FULL TIME POSITION
Application Deadline: Monday, March 4, 2019
The Manitoba Law Foundation is a non-profit foundation that funds law and justice-related programs in: legal education; legal research; law reform; legal aid services; and development and maintenance of law libraries. The Foundation’s revenue is primarily from the interest on funds held in lawyers’ pooled trust accounts in banks and credit unions across Manitoba.
We are hiring a law student to assist the Foundation’s staff with an ongoing file and document review project as well as with other administrative tasks over summer 2019. There is potential for part-time work through the 2019/2020 school year as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing archived and historical paper files and documents as part of the implementation of the Foundation’s Document Retention and Disposal Policy
- Digitizing selected files and records of the Foundation
- Assisting with current and historical document and file management and storage
- Assisting with general administrative tasks
- Other duties as assigned
You are currently registered in a Canadian law school and have prior experience managing documents and files in an office environment. You are known for excellent attention to detail. You have demonstrated an ability to work independently, with minimal supervision. You must be able to read and quickly comprehend the contents of a wide range of documents.
Expectations and Terms of Employment:
- You must be self-motivated and able to work independently, with minimal supervision on tasks that may be somewhat boring.
- You will work on-site in the offices of The Manitoba Law Foundation (701-177 Lombard Avenue in Winnipeg) and are available to work full-time weekday hours (35 hours per week) from May through August.
- Employment begins on or after May 13, 2019, and continues for 14-16 weeks. Start and end dates are somewhat flexible.
- You’ll be paid biweekly at a rate of $16.00/hour plus statutory vacation pay of 4%.
How to Apply:
Email your covering letter, resume and references (no transcripts required) to the attention of Karen Dyck at email@example.com. Interviews will take place March 18-20.